Thursday, April 12, 2007

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Last Good Friday I received a surprise call on my cel from my friend Joel at 11am. I thought he was going to ask to meet, although I thought that was our undiscussed plan for the next day, when the malls finally opened again.

Surprise of the day: he was at the airport leaving for NYC in thirty minutes as part of the diplomatic corps, and they told him a few days earlier that they would be leaving any day soon. He will be gone for a month.

Just to clarify: Joel graduated BS Accountancy in Taft, became a licensed CPA, was one of the first people I know to get their own web domain for something business related, and since then has worked for the guys who made MU MMORPG and most recenty the government arm patrolling the net.

My point: what you finish in college isn't everything. If I had known I wanted to teach I would have taken up education instead. Sometimes you can get a livelihood out of a hobby, and it can open doors for you to wider horizons.

No comments: