Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another Pinoy Musician in World News

Arnel Pineda - not Arnold, as I've been told - became the lead singer of the 80's band Journey (Open Arms, Don't Stop Believing, Who's Crying Now, Separate Ways, Send Her My Love, Faithfully, Ask the Lonely - sorry, I own their second album on CASSETTE) after he was discovered in youtube singing just like original lead singer on youtube.

What's funny about this is that it was part of what made me out of place in those conversations I was talking about last post.

Even though (with a bit of bitterness) I told my friend I couldn't relate because I haven't seen the youtube videos, he insisted that I could just because I know the band, even though I had to take his word for it how the singer sounds like, and it really didn't further the topic much.

No comments: